What to Consider Between an Electric Water Heater and a Solar Water Heater?
When you are planning to buy a heater, the most important thing to be considered is how it can sustainably give you long-term benefits. If you want to purchase a water heater, there are four types of water heaters in the market: electric water heaters, geysers, solar water heaters, or heat pumps. In this blog post, we will discover electric water heaters and solar water heaters.
Best Electric Water Heater vs Best Solar Water Heaters:
An electric water heater, as the name suggests, is run on electricity. They are divided into two categories: instant and the second can store the hot water in the tanker. But nowadays, the world is short of electricity and finding new ways of sustainability.
On the other hand, the solar electric water heater is more sustainable for a greener lifestyle and less cost-effective in the long term. As its name says, it operates from the sunlight. The warming effect of radiation is visible, and it is standard that a container of cold water exposed to the sun raises in temperature.
Enerquip’s solar water heater combines cutting-edge technology to collect solar heat and transmit it to heat water efficiently.
Best Electric Water Heater in Pakistan:
- Water is available at any time, even in cold weather.
- It may be positioned anywhere because it is correctly proportioned, including the bathroom, over the sink, or wherever you choose.
- The price is too high. Electric heaters may be purchased for as low as $400, which is why many people choose them over solar water heaters.
- Hot water is at your disposal with only a twist of the faucet, making it highly convenient and straightforward.
- Most of them include a temperature control knob or dial that helps prevent scalding.
- The main concern is the impact of fossil fuels. Electric heaters contribute significantly to the depletion of fossil resources.
- Short-circuiting is also possible with the cables, which can be hazardous to the user.
- According to the US Department of Energy, electric water heaters account for 25% of most households’ power costs because of the additional expenses.
- These electric heaters have a maximum lifespan of 15 years.
Best Solar Water Heater in Pakistan:
- Solar water heaters are cost-effective and save your power bills.
- Using solar power to heat water instead of fossil fuels or electricity emits fewer pollutants and is more environmentally friendly.
- To promote solar water heaters, homeowners in the United States are eligible for tax credits of up to 30% of the installation cost.
- It is a one-time purchase which is an initial expense. After that, solar energy is completely free to use.
- There’re duration is up to 20 to 30 years with significantly less maintenance
- These solar panels are so durable and affordable that you can rely on them for 20-30 years.
- Most solar heaters are placed on rooftops, and installation is time-consuming.
- There can be a chance of damage by natural disasters such as rain, snow, ice, etc.
- One-time investment can be overwhelming, but after that, it is free cost with no such required maintenance
Which is More Toward a Greener Lifestyle?
The world nowadays has a shortage of electricity, where pure water has become less in the majority of countries in the world, but at the same time, the need for hot water is essential. Sunlight is a free source of light energy, and we should benefit from it. The solar water heater is more cost-effective than other heaters on the market.
Solar water electric heaters and others consume natural resources, but solar water heaters operate from solar energy, which is free as sunlight is free. The tank can store water all day and night. After that, hot water circulates throughout the home using pumps or an automatic thermosiphon controller. Solar water heater outlets include an electric water heater as a backup to provide hot water at night. In case when you run out of hot water within the storage, you usually use it.