MICA (F, M, C) is used as a lost circulation material to prevent mud loss to porous, vugular or fractured formations by plugging the void spaces or channels. It is most effective when used in combination with other lost circulation materials.
- Appearance: Solid Solubility: Insoluble in water
- Particle size, fine: > 80%, < 20 mesh
- Particle size, medium: > 80%, < 12 mesh
- Particle size, coarse: > 80%, < 8 Mesh
- Recommended Treatment Treatment levels will depend on the severity of losses and the presence of other LCM materials. Typically treatment range from 28.5 – 85.5 kg / m3 (10 – 30 lb / bbl) Please Note: Several factors will dictate the most appropriate concentration rate.
- Rice Husk