MICA (F, M, C) is an all-purpose lost circulation material and is available in three grades; fine, medium or coarse. It is designed to reduce severe lost circulation and also minor seepage losses. It is applicable in both water-based and oil-based drilling fluids.
MICA (F, M, C) is used as a lost circulation material to prevent mud loss to porous, vugular or fractured formations by plugging the void spaces or channels. It is most effective when used in combination with other lost circulation materials.
Typical Physical Properties
- Appearance: Solid Solubility: Insoluble in water
- Particle size, fine: > 80%, < 20 mesh
- Particle size, medium: > 80%, < 12 mesh
- Particle size, coarse: > 80%, < 8 Mesh
- Recommended Treatment Treatment levels will depend on the severity of losses and the presence of other LCM materials. Typically treatment range from 28.5 – 85.5 kg / m3 (10 – 30 lb / bbl) Please Note: Several factors will dictate the most appropriate concentration rate.
- Rice Husk